I can't seem to get any coherent thoughts together, so I'll have to be random tonight (or maybe I'm spending too much brainpower on future posts that I can't post yet). And three things is just not enough for this mom.
1. Thank you so much to those of you who have donated to my marathon fundraising. I cannot wait to run again in Paige's honor for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital. If you'd like to donate, there's still 3 1/2 weeks.
2. Another blogger is fundraising for a great cause - go visit Katye at Long Legs on the Loose where she has an amazing raffle to raise money for Down Syndrome. She will be running for this charity at the Boston Marathon in March.
3. I have some great reviews coming and some great giveaways... want a sneak peak of one???
The bad news for you is that I'm the world's slowest reader (although I'm hoping that posting this preview will get me to pick up my game)... the good news is that I have other great giveaways planned as well.
4. I am uber-excited about an upcoming post with marathon advice... I think you'll like it.
5. If you haven't entered my giveaway
, what are you waiting for? Even if you already have a medal hanger, why not enter and possibly get one to give as a gift! And it doesn't have to be for medals... if you run 5Ks and 10Ks and don't have a medal collection, I think the "RUN" hanger would still look awesome in the hallway to hang your coat or purse or scarf on.
6. We have family photos this weekend, and I haven't even briefly considered what we're going to wear. Would it be wrong to wear compression socks and tempo shorts, but still do my hair and make-up?
7. Remember the first person who told you "it's all mental" as you moaned and ached through a long run? I remember thinking the only thing "mental" was the person speaking. But yesterday I ran a miserable 10-miler on a boring dreadmill in a gym that thinks that it should turn on the heat when it's still 70 degrees outside with major side stitches, and you know why I finished it? Because I knew I could. It IS mental.
8. I am astounded at how often I pull out my calculator or write on the shower wall to calculate paces and total times.
9. I am mortified of my 20-mile race this Sunday. I signed up because what better way to get in your last long run before taper... AND I get more bling. (Listen up EMZ... the medal for this race is a belt buckle!!! See, and I only have to run 20 miles for it... )
10. I WILL run a sub-2 hour half-marathon in 2011. But I will not even think about speed and upping paces until the new year when this marathon is past.
Hoping it'll be a great Friday!!!